Tsarfuller

Pressed, but not discouraged-In all things, bringing the heart of Christ to all peoples, nations, tongues, and tribes. Proclaiming the good and acceptable Day of the Lord. Even in the midst of the storm, the heart of man can know peace. Shalom.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Analysis

This is an analysis of the resources which I located to address the problem of the disparity in the some of the policies of the U.S. economy. Although there are differences between the rich and the poor in the country, I don't necessarily believe that pouring money from the Federal government into entitlement programs is always the answer. As the saying goes, "If you give a man a fish, he can eat for a night, but if you teach a man to fish, he can eat for a lifetime."
I think that some of the policies that the U.S. government has established have only contributed to those who never had any money, having some money, and then abusing the entitlements. I provided an article which addressed this issue, it was based upon a book written by Thomas Sowell. It gives a glimpse into the reality that just giving people something doesn't always help them.
Although, my focus was not primarily on these type of issues, when I was gathering resources. Here is an even better idea. Since I firmly believe that the gospel of Jesus Christ has absolutely without question changed peoples' lives and as I mentioned by quoting John Wesley's article, possibly prevented a bloody revolution, why not attempt to become involved in the people's lives, whom the gospel is intended. Although I don't believe that there are any one group of people more important to God, there are also those that God doesn't want excluded.
Also in commenting on some of my other team members' resources, I just want to say that I am learning new information. I don't alway's agree with the information, but speaking concerning some of these issues is important.
My resources also show that the policies of the U.S. are not that different from other countries. I showed a list of the minimum wage requirements in other "industrialized" countries, and I believe it shows that it is comparable to that of the U.S. It also shows how unions have affected exactly what happens in this country. I can say as a person who was a union member for almost eight years, they are great for job security, raises, and cost of living adjustments, not so good for taxes.
Getting back to the first statement I made concerning teaching a man to fish. If anything is going to ever happen in regards to narrowing the gap between the rich and poor, I believe that it has to happen by first changing a person's heart. It sounds very simple, but in reality it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home